Sharing with you some great info from a friend of mine:
Here are some common mistakes I see people making on their social profiles and websites:
- You’ve been told that you want to automate everything you can and only spend 15-30 minutes a day on your social media marketing
- You’re using Hootsuite, or a similar platform, to update pretty much everything on all the sites your participating on
- You’re not mixing your business pages and posts with your personal pages and posts
- You’re sending more than 2-3 mass update emails to your friends or fans per month
- You have profiles up on many different sites but you hardly ever go on them or interact
- You are listening to social media experts out there who are telling you to do things a certain way but they aren’t even making money from the strategies they suggest.
Are you making any of these? If so, you may want to pay attention.
As a very successful business and marketing coach who has been on these sites pretty much since their popularity became mainstream, I teach a very different approach to social media marketing than many of the so-called experts out there.
And let me preface this by saying that my Social Media Messaging System brings in new clients for me and for almost every client who uses it every month.
What you want to do on your social media sites and how I teach it is to treat your social sites like a real networking event. (hence the term social networking!)
You wouldn’t walk into a room full of friends or strangers at a networking event and just throw them a flyer in their face of your upcoming event or teleclass, would you?
Yet that’s what so many people are doing online – throwing info at people.
What you want to do is spark up a conversation online with someone just like you would in person at a networking event.
At a networking event you would ask them questions, find out what they do and dig a little deeper to find out if or how the two of you could connect right? (At least I hope that’s what you’d do!)
You want to do the same thing online as well….BUT that takes a ton of time right?
Yes it does. But if it gets new clients just as easy as networking – wouldn’t it make sense that you’d want to spend MORE time doing it, not less? And it’s FREE!
The key is though to have templates and systems to make this easier and quicker to accomplish.
You need to know how to reach the number of people you really need to reach out to online however in order to make the numbers work and you to actually get a good amount of people to have a conversation with. I recommend interacting with 250 NEW potential prospects every week – YES, every week!
This is why it’s important that you have a pre-written template of what to say, a system on how to connect with that many and even delegate this initial task so that you can concentrate only on the responses when they come.
To learn more about these strategies and how to better incorporate them into your business, you can do one of two things now:
- Go grab my Profit From Social Media Messaging System – you’ll get all my templates, my system and I’ll even show you how to delegate much of this so you CAN spend less time but finally see results! Click here to find out more about this $35 product.
- Attend my three-day “Jumpstart Your Biz in a Weekend Intensive” live event. Throughout this event we will be talking about all of this and so much more, including all of the marketing you need to know how to do to attract more clients and make more money in your business. Go to www.JumpstartYourBizInAWeekend.comnow to register yourself (You can still bring a friend for FREE plus get my Profit From Social Media Messaging System FREE as well)!
© Copyright 2011 K. Sawa Marketing International Inc.
Katrina Sawa is an Award-Winning Author, Speaker and International JumpStart Your Biz Coach who’s helped hundreds of small business owners take dramatic steps in their businesses to get them to the next level in business, revenues and their personal life. She offers one-on-one coaching, group coaching and do-it-yourself business-building products. She’s been featured on various news talk shows and radio shows including Oprah and Friends XM Radio. Go online now to get started with her F.ree Entrepreneur’s Success Kit at http://www.jumpstartyourmarketing.com/gifts!