If you haven’t starting using this for Business…do it now!
Here are some great tips and pointers:
- There is only One kind of an account on Pinterest…not a personal and business one, unlike Facebook is set up.
- In Settings: Use your 1st and last name that is for YOUR business in those areas ( Not your name, unless it is your business name. And Yes you can change this easily.
- Most important thing is to fill our the ABOUT area. Tell them what you do and what you offer.
- Most common mistake is not creating proper captions! Make sure you do this. Put a description in with keywords. Look up specific search terms that people are using to look for your product or service.
- Add a price to your caption and pinterest automatically will make it a banner up in the left of your pin..and it programs you into the gift section!
- If you have a service based business, use tutorials that you of things you do and post them. You will get tons of exposure and Likes, Comment, and Share.
- Create a beautiful image from your recent blog page so people can click through to your actual blog. (with the link you put on the caption and URL area)
- Use your boards to make a catalog product gallery…Post your products!
- You can pin a quote ..go to pinaquote.com and it walks you through making an image with it.
- Use videos as a pin! For an example…. How many ways there are to use your product?
- Put a link in your caption!!! Not just inside the the caption area.
- Make a call to action!! Put this in your caption! Or click this image to…..
- Use the caption under the image to post a testimonial or results from using this service or products!
- Get followers: Add a follow button to your website, blogs, emails. At ww.pinterest.com they have follow buttons you can use, OR in your about area settings there is options to to this.
- Info-graphics are big to post! Here’s a few links to help you create one. http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/infographic-create-infographic/ and http://mashable.com/2011/07/13/visually/
- To find out how your business is doing ..like how many pins are getting shared from your website once you start using it. Use this link: http://pinterest.com/source/yourwebsite.com
Learn all sorts of more information and how to really get the most out on Pinterest my purchasing Melanie’s course. ( I used some of her info in this post) Her course goes into depth on Pinterest and includes 7 Modules, lifetime updates, and workbooks. Use this link below:
Now do it! And share with us here your experiences!